GOVERNANCE FOUNDATIONS FOR NOT-FOR-PROFIT DIRECTORS
Duties and Responsibilities, Strategy & Risk and Finance for NFP DirectorsTues 29 Aug 2017 – 1.00pm to 4:30pm (Arrival time: 12:45pm) Wed 30 Aug 2017 – 9.00am to 4:30pm (Arrival time: 8:45am) The Parade Hotel Function Room 1 Austral Parade, East Bunbury WA 6230 Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the key duties and responsibilities of directors in the not-for-profit environment
- Appreciate the potential personal liability of directors and council members
- Understand governance structures as they apply in the not-for-profit context
- Consider the differences / similiarities and nuances of the director’s role in the not-for-profit / for profit sectors
- Understand the role of directors in overseeing the strategy formulation and risk management approach of the organisation
- Review the financial statements and the linkages between them
- Discuss how directors in the not-for-profit sector can link the financial statements to understand the ‘financial story’ and health of the organisation.
Download more info here.
GRAHAM ADDISON FAICD Graham Addison has over 30 years’ experience as a Chartered Accountant and commenced Graham Addison & Associates in January 2006, after holding the position of Partner in Charge of the Middle Market Advisory Division of KPMG in Perth since 1986. Graham merged with Barrington’s in August 2010. Graham specialises in providing accounting and business management services and advice to industries, including strategic planning, risk management and corporate governance. Graham attended and passed the International Company Directors Course conducted in Singapore in April 2009. He also completed the Master of the Boardroom program in September 2010, graduating with an Order of Merit. Graham is a Director of Youth Focus, a member of the Audit and Risk Committee for the Australian Red Coss and a Member of the Advisory Committee of Thalanyji Trustee Advisory Council.