Community ServicesJSW Training & Community Services offers a diverse range of programs that service our greater community.
Please click on the tabs for further information about youth, indigenous and community programs.
JSW champions and supports children and young people in the South West via our training, mentoring, social and wellbeing, life skills and career development programs.
We provide integrated seamless support to young people as they respond to the challenges of young adulthood and explore their career aspirations and options. Our commitment to supporting young people is evident in the scope and diversity of our programs which include;
- Programs in schools delivering career guidance and job search skills
- Programs for school aged students not engaged in education, employment or training
- Tailored accredited training programs are designed to engage young people in learning.
- They are delivered in an offsite environment by qualified trainers and experienced youth workers.
Our staff are highly experienced in working with young people and their support networks including; parents, guardians, schools, employers and specialist agencies.
Change of Direction (COD)
‘Change of Direction’ is a program designed for young people aged 12 – 17 years of age who would like to participate in a series of one-on-one and group workshops in Collie.
Upon completion of the 'COD' 8 week program, participants will be supported for a further 3 months with a weekly one-on-one session with a program mentor.
- Health and lifestyle topics
- Positive change
- Skills to re-engage with school
- Access employment or training options
Peel Youth Engagement Service (PYES)
The PYES program tailors support to meet the individual needs of young people. Support or counselling can be delivered to address a range of different issues or assistance can be provided to source additional or specialised support from external service providers.