PEEL SUPPORT PROGRAM
Eligibility: Offenders &Youth at Risk (YAR) 12 through to 18 years, identified by the WA Police in the Peel Region.
YAR clients may be affected by anger issues, substance abuse issues, poor home life, poor social skills and or disengagement from school and society but may not necessarily be an offender yet.
Experienced social workers and youth workers support participants by:
- Early intervention with individuals and families to minimise risks & negotiate crisis
- Reduce antisocial and criminal engagement by alleviating
- circumstances linked to
- Substance Abuse
- One to one counselling/advocacy/family support
- Referral to other required services/counselling
- Provision of healthy food
- Assist to get Identification
- Assistance with Centrelink claims
- Engagement with School/training providers
- Re-engage young offenders
- Improving lifestyle and building participant capacity
- Introduce alternative education pathway
- Reduction in offending behaviour
If you would prefer a hard copy referral form, download it here.
Forward referrals to Youth Policing Officers, South Metro; John Valastro, Senior Constable 12982 or Darren Cass, Senior Constable 15681 via email YouthPolicingOperations-MandurahSMAIL@police.wa.gov.au or phone 0436 943 043 (John), 0436 943 042 (Darren).