Bunbury Regional Community College
Preparing one student at a time!
Bunbury Regional Community College is looking for an innovative and exceptional leader to continue the pioneering work of our Founding Principal commencing in January 2021.
BRCC is a small Independent Curriculum and Re-engagement in Education (CaRE) School based in the South West of Western Australia. The School offers an alternative education program for students in years 9 to 12, who have disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from mainstream education. BRCC offers a personalised, project based educational approach with a focus on 21st century skills, personalised interests based real-world learning and engaging content.
The Principal will lead the school community to develop and shape a shared vision for alternative education in order for students to ’make a difference in their lives through education’.
If you are an experienced leader and pride yourself on inspiring, motivating and supporting teachers to inspire their students to explore, innovate and thrive on a personalised learning adventure….then we are looking for you!
There are five key areas of responsibility that we’ll want you to deliver on:
- Lead your team to implement our educational philosophy– this is our unique Teaching and Learning Framework, currently incorporating Big Picture Education design and a focus on VET and holistic achievement leading to tangible outcomes.
- Lead, inspire, engage, coach, train, and retain a team of highly dedicated and successful team of teachers, social workers, youth workers and other support staff.
- Deliver accurate business and educational achievement information– reporting to State and Commonwealth Departments, the School Director and the Board of Governors, meeting and maintaining budgetary, registration, advance determination and legislative requirements.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the College – including disciplinary matters, budgets, staff, administration, sites and facilities.
- Significant engagement with local stakeholders –continue to build the school culture and its reputation within the community.
These are the types of capabilities we’ll be looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (or other accredited teaching qualification);
- Current TRBWA registration or ability to register;
- Current Working with Children Check/Police Clearance;
- Knowledge of and experience of transformative learning models and project-based learning;
- Knowledge and understanding of VET in Schools;
- Inclusive and collaborative leadership;
- Strong coaching and influencing capability;
- A passion for redesigning curriculum, assessment and reporting practices to step away from traditional approaches to education;
- Leading processes to cohesively bring together your team to achieve the school’s Vision;
- Commitment to life-long learning;
- A high level of communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Sound management skills including knowledge of Microsoft programs, SEQTA, Schools Hub and other educational software;
- Sound planning and organising capacity.
See www.brcc.org.au and our Facebook page for further information about the College.
Please address the bullet points in a covering letter and forward with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 4th September, 2020. To discuss the position you may contact Posy Barnes the College Director at email@example.com .